TOKAIOPTICAL CO.,LTD

History

1939

March

The late Shizu Furuzawa (Honorary Chairman) founds the Furuzawa Lens Factory in Mukaida-cho, Naka-ku, Nagoya.

1957

November

Shizu Furuzawa establishes incorporate the Furuzawa Lens Factory as Koyo Kogaku Co., Ltd.

December

Masao Furuzawa establishes Shochiku Kogaku Co., Ltd as a corporate organization.

1966

April

Koyo Kogaku and Shochiku Kogaku merge to become Tokai Optical Co., Ltd.

1981

September

Majority stake taken in Sun-Lux Optical Co., Ltd, in order to expand production of organic lenses.

1982

June

Specialized factory for organic lens production built in Hinanaka-machi, Okazaki.

1983

March

Director's Award received from Small and Medium Enterprise Agency.

1989

March

50th anniversary celebrations. Commemorative magazine published ("Kobo no Fu")

1990

May

New Head Office & Factory at the Hanazono Industrial District built in Okazaki.

1995

September

Stake taken in TOKAI OPTECS N.V. in order to strengthen sales in EU.

1996

January

Tokai District Award received from The Medium and Small Business Research Institute

March

ISO9002 certification obtained.

1997

September

Head Office & Factory expanded.

1998

April

Thin Film Division established.

2000

October

International Division established.

ISO9001 certification obtained.

ISO14001 certification obtained.

2001

November

Thin Film Factory built in Shinpukuji-cho, Okazaki (close to Hanazono Industrial District)

2003

March

"Monozukuri Brand NAGOYA" main prize received.

2004

March

"Aichi Quality" company designated by the Aichi Prefectural Government.

2005

March

The 2005 World Exposition, Aichi, Japan participated

HOME > The Company > History

     
 
The Ophthalmic Lens Manufacturer

Copyright(c)2003 TOKAIOPTICAL CO.,LTD.All rights reserved.